Marking bug as fixed so that launchpad Janitor will close bug upon release
- Grab source branch. For example, mythplugins would be obtained via:
Increment the changelog:
- bzr branch lp:~mythbuntu/mythplugins/mythplugins-trunk
- dch --increment --distribution UNRELEASED
Commit your change:Push changes
- * New upstream snapshot. Fixes:
- - <few words describing fix> (LP: #55555, #44444)
- If you have direct upload rights:
bzr push lp:~mythbuntu/mythplugins/mythplugins-trunk
Mark ticket as fix committed (the janitor will take care of linking branches and marking mythplugins as fixed released)
- or if you don't have rights:
bzr push --create-prefix lp:~your_launchpad_username/mythplugins/fixed_something-55555
- ("mythplugins") must be a valid project name. common ones are: mythplugins, mythtv, mythbuntu
- Generate merge request (in this example, the target branch is: ~mythbuntu/mythplugins/mythplugins-trunk)
Patching and building from source
This is used to build a package with a patch from a trac ticket or otherwise. If you don't want to install all the build dependencies and build locally, you can build a source package and push it to a PPA. Otherwise you can build binary packages locally this way.
- Clone the packaging branch
Build either a source or binary package. The first argument is the branch (such as master or fixes/0.24). The second argument is the directory to build in. Any additional arguments are full paths to patches.
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git
If you build a source package, follow the directions at https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA to push it to a PPA.Install the resulting debs either from the local build directory or from the PPA.
packaging/deb/build-debs.sh fixes/0.24 /tmp /path/to/patch
packaging/deb/build-dsc.sh fixes/0.24 /tmp /path/to/patch
Here is an example for lirc from the Mythbuntu forums
Another (old) example (for lirc) can be found on the Ubuntu forums
Switching auto-builds to a new mythtv release
- Create a new PPA at http://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu
- Merge -trunk bzr packaging into -fixes bzr packaging
- merge mythtv-trunk -> mythtv-fixes
bzr commit -m "Merge -trunk into -fixes"
- Update changelog for new version
- Update the control files
bzr commit -m "Updated to MythTV 0.XY release"