Mythbuntu 12.04.1 has been released. With this release, we are providing mirroring on sponsored mirrors and torrents. It is very important to note that this release is only compatible with MythTV 0.25 systems. The MythTV component of previous Mythbuntu releases can be be upgraded to a compatible MythTV version by using the Mythbuntu Repos
. For a more detailed explanation, see here
Changes from Mythbuntu 11.10:
- MythTV 0.25 (2:0.25.0+fixes.20120410.1f5962a-0ubuntu1)
- Starting with 12.04, the Mythbuntu team will only be doing LTS releases. See this page for more info.
- Enable MythTV and Mythbuntu Updates repositories directly from the Mythbuntu Control Centre without needing to install the mythbuntu-repos package
- Recent snapshot of the MythTV 0.25 release is included (see 0.25 Release Notes)
- Mythbuntu theme fixes
For more detailed feature information please visit us on launchpad
We appreciated all comments and would love to hear what you think. Please make comments to our mailing list, on the forums (with a tag indicating that this is from 12.04 or precise), or in #ubuntu-mythtv. As previously, if you encounter any issues with anything in this release, please file a bug using the Ubuntu bug tool (ubuntu-bug PACKAGENAME) which automatically collects logs and other important system information, or if that is not possible, directly open a ticket on Launchpad (http://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/12.04/
The ISO is available here
- If upgrading and you have mythstream installed. Please remove mythstream before upgrading as mythstream is no longer supported.
- If you have used Jamu in the past, you should run "mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all"
- Upgrading from 10.04 -> 12.04 will result in a broken system (grub isn't installed properly) see Bug 978464
- If you are upgrading and want to use the HTTP Live Streaming you need to create a Streaming storage group
- Upgrading using the LiveCD will overwrite the /var directory (database and default recording location among others) see Bug 992241